Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh ChRiStMaS tReE!


I'm still having a hard time believing that Christmas is just three weeks away... For some reason I'm still living in November.
This time of year just fills me up with joy and peace, so I welcome December with open arms. I find that most days I'm filled (extra full) with kindness, gentleness, goodness, & faithfulness! These gifts of the Spirit are important, and are most important to me as a mother and wife. Today I asked God to help me focus on these gifts so that I could share them with my family. He has answered that prayer!
Well... We move forward with gladness in our hearts and tackle our first Tradition. Putting up our Christmas Tree makes Christmas time seem real to my family... The glow of the white Christmas lights give a welcomed calming feeling. The roaring flames from our wood stove keep all of our fingers and toes warm. There is an indescribable "coziness" about our house! Before long the snow will fall and we will be well into this new season. But for now, for today, I will Praise His name and I will rejoice, for He has come as child, a beautiful baby boy!

Dear God,
Thank you for this season, a time of family, of warmth, of joy, & Tradition. It is by your Grace Father that I am able to experience these great gifts. Lord, thank you for your son and gift of life.
In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment