Thursday, July 7, 2011

MoViNg On... 5th & 2nd!


Another successful homeschool year! Caleb continues to work and play hard! Not only has Caleb grown taller, but he has also grown wiser! James 1:5 reads, “If any of you lacks wisdom you should ask God, who gives generously to all.” I regularly pray for Caleb, asking God to gently guide him and teach him all he needs to know to be the man God desires him to become. I believe that God has given Caleb wisdom accompanied by confidence which has allowed him to excel in all his studies. Caleb has been gifted with generosity, compassion, encouragement, and leadership. Caleb is maturing in ways I didn’t even expect!

This year Caleb has shown strength in Reading, Language, Science, Health, and Bible. Caleb finds joy in reading on his own and has been known to finish a book in just two days. This brings me great joy since I wasn’t much of a reader as a young child. Science has been so much fun… Caleb shows great interest in learning about wildlife and gladly participates in Science labs and experiments with his DVD class. It’s very nice to see him engaged and eagerly anticipate future Science lessons! I was surprised and proud when Caleb’s Sunday School teacher praised him for his effort and participation in class. Mr. Bennet commended Caleb on his knowledge of the Bible and strong desire to seek all of God’s teachings.

Again this year Caleb’s hardship has been in Arithmetic and Spelling. He works very hard to maintain or bring up his grade point average; I am very proud of his will to do so! Caleb has been able to bring up his Arithmetic grade and hold it at a B- (87%) average. He has also brought up his Spelling grade and continues to hold it at a C+ (85%) average.

Overall Caleb has gained new skills and has been able to apply each of them in his studies. I am overjoyed and proud of our strong, loving, joy filled, and B average student. Watching him learn this year has been pleasurable! I love teaching Caleb; I wouldn’t change that for anything!


There is no doubt that I have a bright and enthusiastic 1st grader! It’s hard to believe that Hannah has completed her first grade year and will soon move on to second grade. Our daughter has been blessed with a cheerful deposition and tender heart toward family, friends, and the world! Hannah is spunky, gracious, forgiving, and a gentle little girl. Hannah is a beautiful person, she brings joy to those around her, and she never forgets to call on God for strength. Psalm 89: 15 reads, “Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, LORD.” Hannah is truly a light beam, a giver, and compassionate, loving child!

Hannah shows strength in, Arithmetic, Oral Combinations, Reading Aloud, and Writing. She has maintained a (95%) A- average. Hannah finds joy in reading new books and is pleased with herself when she discovers she can read books that might seem challenging! Hannah continues to gain confidence with her ability to read; often I’ll find her cuddled up beside Isaiah with a book in hand. It brings me great joy when I see her taking the initiative to read aloud to her little brother. Hannah has impressed me with her ability to write well. She is careful to think about her story and even more careful when writing it down in cursive handwriting. It’s nice to see her write for fun and makes thoughtful cards for those she loves.

Hannah’s hardship has been in Phonics. At the beginning of the school year she was averaging a (90%) B, but as more and more material was introduced and more and more Phonics rules were expected to be remembered, Hannah’s grade slipped to a (87%) B- average. Hannah is now holding strong to an 89% which is still a B- average. I’m proud of her persistence in trying to retain all of the rules to Phonics.

We are very pleased with Hannah’s progress in her studies this year; I’m excited about her second grade year, and I am eager to see how she will pick up new material. It has been enjoyable to watch Hannah succeed in her studies. Teaching Hannah is very gratifying; I can’t think of a better way to spend my day!

Dear God,
I am very thankful for my children! We very much enjoy teaching our children here at home. It is truly a blessing from you, one we will never take for granted. I'm grateful for this amazing gift!

In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment