Thursday, March 17, 2011

i WiLl PrAiSe My HuSbAnD


Many years ago I wrote this letter about my husband and gave it to him. Though this letter describes how I feel for Greg I don't think I will ever be able to convey the true magnitude of my love for him in mere words. I'm sharing this letter with all of you because I'm missing him this week while he is away in California on business. I dislike when he is on a trip and away from us, but understand that if he is to provide for us these are some of the sacrifices we must make. Greg is my most favorite guy in the whole world; he is my best friend, my trusted ally. Things just don't run as smoothly when he is away and he is surly missed more than anything.

When I think of my husband, the first thing I want to do is to praise him.
What a strong man he is, he carries so much on his shoulders.
He has so many responsibilities that I far too often take for granted.
He faithfully goes to work every day to provide for our family,
making the money that God allows him to make so that he can buy all the things that nourish us. Even with all these responsibilities he still remembers to love his wife. Greg truly shows his love, through thoughtfulness, kindness, gentleness, patience, and understanding. I even get a kiss each morning before he steps into his office and another every evening as we snuggle into bed together. Greg remembers to encourage me and regularly praises me for being a great mom (which always seems to happen on the days I feel I have failed as a mom). Greg manages to get outside and care for our yard during the spring and summer months, he's careful to do all the necessary jobs to keep the grounds in good condition. Greg also applies his handy skills within our home, making sure it stands for another 15 years or more. He says he isn't good at playing "handy-man", but I believe that if he sees that a job must be done, he is off to a great start.

Greg never forgets his gift of fatherhood. When his long day in the office has come to an end he gleefully comes downstairs and immediately jumps into his “daddy roll”. He smoothers our three children with all the love he can muster-up, straight from the bottom of his toes to the tips of the hairs on his head. Because Greg is so thoughtful he helps me continue my task of putting dinner on the table most evenings with no interruptions, by going off with the kids, working on AWANA verses, playing outside, or doing odd jobs in the yard with them. Greg will then sit down for dinner with all of us, remembering never to complain about what is on the menu. He chats with all four of us about our day too. He even hands out discipline for the children’s manners and behavior when needed. When bed time is near Greg is ready to work with me as a team. Together we tuck our babies all snug & tight into their beds. Greg will read with enthusiasm a wonderful bed time story, making sure his character voices fit each roll. I've even heard him sing the kids a bed time Song as they close their eyes. An attractive and endearing quality to have. When the kids are on their way to la-la land Greg and I get ready for our time. Most nights before I come downstairs Greg has already made the evening coffee for us. Then we sit together and watch a program or movie. Who is this man God has sent me? How perfect he is! Why do I feel so undeserving of God’s gift? I will say thank you every day for my husband and I will love him with all that I am. God has truly blessed my family with a man that is first committed to HIM and then to his family.
How wonderfully my husband is fitting to the mold God has intended him to fill. God has sent my family a great provider, “Our Super Man”. I will praise my husband, lifting him up according to his needs.

Thank you God, for this man you have sent in your image. Lord, will you please continue to help him grow closer to you? Lord, remind him of his place in this world and how important he is to You and to us. Let him know that he is a righteous man. Praise him for all he does for You in your Son’s name.
Thank you God for my Husband!

In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment