Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hannah's 1st Nutcracker

Friday December 11th I woke up a very excited little girl. Hannah bounced out of bed at 6:30 am. After a toasty tubby, I helped Hannah get all dressed up for her very first Nutcracker!

I'm sure by now most of you know that I am homeschooling Caleb and Hannah, but as homeschoolers we are given the choice whether or not to send our children on public school field trips.

My mother works at Strafford Elementary School as a teachers aid in one of the kindergarten classes. She came to me one afternoon with the permission slip in hand "telling" me that Hannah was going to the Nutcracker with her mom (that's what my kiddo's call my mother) no questions asked. Though I didn't show it, much, I was tickled that mom was especially looking forward to this one-on-one time with Hannah.

Well let me tell you that Hannah skipped out the door ahead of mom at 7:30 am. She was so excited. When Hannah returned home later that afternoon she was glowing. She had so many stories to tell about her bus ride, her new friend Hailey, and the experience of her 1st ballet. She went on to tell me about the lunch she had, the pictures she painted and colored, her time spent on the computer, and her alone time with mom in a real kindergarten classroom. I think my mother was excited too, she even bought Hannah 3 gifts (even when the other children were not allowed). I guess that's the luxury you get when your grandmother works at the school.

I treasure these days, it's so nice to physically see the joy my mother feels from blessing her grandchildren. She does bless them a lot. Not by the material gifts she is always giving them, but by the gift of her love she has freely given to all three of them. My mother is wonderful, she is thoughtful toward my kiddos. My mother has a genuine desire to love and comfort my babies and that tickles me pink!

Dear God,
I just want to thank you for blessing me and my children with such a thoughtful and loving lady. God, my mother hasn't always been the easiest of relationships, but I am thankful for these "highs" you give. Not only have you strengthened my relationship with my mother, but you are now strengthening the relationship between my daughter and her grandmother. Lord, I know one day these memories will be held dear to Hannah. God I ask that you continue to grow this connection between us, I ask that you continue to bless my mother with these type of joyful times she has with Caleb, Hannah, and Isaiah.

In Jesus' name, Amen










No comments:

Post a Comment