Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Never Thought I'd See The Day


On Friday, February 19, at approximately 5:30pm a loud hurt scream came from the living room. Caleb, Tanner, and Isaiah were playing swords with one another. Isaiah spun around on his right foot with his sword in hand and twisted it just so. I never thought I'd see the day when one of my children would end up with a broken bone.

Friday night I watched Isaiah carefully, observing how he handled walking on his foot. He was so pitiful... watching him gimp around was so sweet, but I knew he wasn't putting on a show, he was truly hurting. He woke up many times through the night. I had made a decision through the night that I would call the pediatrician first thing Saturday morning.

Isaiah was hurting more by Saturday morning. My decision stood firm, he needed to have his foot looked at. The pediatrician said that his foot was most likely broken rather than sprained. Greg and I were shocked, I honestly thought it was a bad twist. We brought Isaiah home and kept him off his foot as much as we could and kept him comfortable with ibuprofen.

First thing Monday morning Greg and I called the orthopedics office and scheduled him to be seen. The doctor confirmed my worst fear, Isaiah's foot was broken. Considering what Isaiah went through on Saturday at the pediatricians office I think he did very well at the orthopedics office. He cried just a little when he first caught sight of the examining table. And he cried for the first x-ray until he realized that no one was going to hurt him here. I am so proud of my little guy and I am so thankful that God gave me the strength to get through the first stage of a broken bone. Thank you to everyone who faithfully prayed for Isaiah and his anxiety from the doctors visits. God was indeed there and with us every step of the way.

Dear God,
Thank you for caring for Isaiah and comforting him when he was scared. Thank you for giving me the strength that I needed in my desperate hour. God, thank you for helping me understand that accidents happen and bones may break. Thank you for showing me that you are right there when I need you most. Lord, I ask that Isaiah's foot heal and return to its perfect form. I ask that he no longer have discomfort or irritation due to being in a cast. God, you are an awesome God!!!

In Jesus' name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. He is such a cutie!!! I am glad that he wasn't scared at the doctor's. I know at times when our kids get hurt, sometimes it's harder for us than for them! :)
    Spoil him rotten. :)
    Oh and I can't wait to see you in June either. :)

    ReplyDelete