Monday, February 8, 2010

Home, Where My Heart Belongs!


Some of you may know that Greg and I just returned last Friday from a weeks vacation in Costa Rica. Although it was lovely, beautiful, warm, and eye opening; I would continually find myself saying. "Oh how the children would love this." At times I'd catch myself thinking. "If the children were here, I would stay in this country forever." Honestly A lot of the time I knew I was missing something, actually three somethings, my kiddos. There were no "hey mommy, can I?" questions being thrown around. There was no one tugging on my arm, or no one pulling of my clothing. Things were strangely quiet and maybe a tid bit boring in between our activities.


Greg and I explored a new country and we learned many new things about the people who live and work there. It was a blessing each day to wake up to a new day filled with new discoveries. but all along I wanted so badly for my children to experience it all with us.


The time arrived to board the plan and return home. It was sad, I didn't want to return to cold New Hampshire. Our trip was long and our drive from Boston felt like an eternity. I opened the door to my home and dropped everything. I briskly walked upstairs, I reached out and stirred each of my children awake. It was almost 2:00am and Caleb just couldn't bring himself to get up, I kissed him and hugged him for a while. Isaiah and Hannah were snug in my bed with Auntie Jessica. I woke them both by hugging them and kissing them. we sat for awhile just hugging and whispering a little. It was wonderful to have my babies back in my arms.


This trip to Costa Rica changed me in ways I never expected. God reignited my passion for His mission. He also showed me that my home can be anywhere and in any country. He helped me to see that as long as I have my family with me, beside me, then I am home. He reminded me that I belong to Him and He has a plan for me. Where ever He places me will be my home because that is right where my heart belongs, with Him and for Him only.


Dear God,
Thank you for reopening my eyes to your plan for my life and my family. Thank you for reigniting the fire you set in my heart. Thank you for showing me beautiful country and showing me where my heart belongs. Lord, you are amazing and I am so thankful that you have plans for me and my family. I look forward to the day you send me out!


In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment