Saturday, February 13, 2010

"Lindsay Bear" Oh How I Love Her & Miss Her. Remembering Her Today During Congenital Heart Defect Week



LINDSAY GROEN 6/14/06-5/16/08 ERIC VANDAM

On June 14, 2006 in Luverne, Minnesota a little pink baby girl entered the world. She was 7lbs 5oz and 21in long. We were so surprised to have a little girl. Lindsay was a very happy baby full of smiles and rolls. She loved to eat and soon got the name “Lindsay Bear”. Lindsay loved life and loved to play. She loved playing with her big brother Tanner, her dog Kaye, her toys, and loved being outside. Her smile lit up the room and her “bear” hugs were the best. Lindsay was a very healthy little girl. At her 18 month check up her doctor heard a heart murmur. She then went to the cardiologist and was diagnosed with severe mitral valve prolapse. She never showed any symptoms of having a heart problem. Lindsay had open heart surgery at Children’s Hospital Boston April 7, 2008 to repair her mitral valve. Surgery went well and she was doing good. On April 15, 2008 she went into cardiac arrest caused by underlying heart issues. She was put on a life support unit called ECMO. On April 28, 2008 she had bypass surgery. After being on ECMO 33 days, On May 16, 2008 Jesus healed her heart and took her to paradise. Lindsay Bear is missed by all who knew and loved her. Not a day goes by that we do not think of her and miss her. We look forward to the day when we will be reunited with her in eternity. Until then we share her story to raise CHD awareness and to bring others to know Christ is their Savior.

Dear God,
Though I didn't know Lindsay well before she entered heaven to be with you, I feel that today I've known her from the first day she was born. Through Laura, Jon, Tanner, & Case I've come to love Lindsay with all my heart. Thank you for that. God, she is an amazing little girl and I long to hug her. I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with Lindsay and most thankful for the morning I rocked her to sleep in the nursery at DBC... God, I didn't even know Laura and Jon then, but I know that I enjoyed my cuddle time with Lindsay that morning. I even remember the cute jean skirt she was wearing:) God, thank you for giving me time with Lindsay and thank you for the time I have today with her big brother Tanner and her baby brother Case. I love them so much and feel blessed when I spend time with them. God, thank you for Laura and the friend she is to me. God, thank you for Jon and his big bear hugs. God, I can't wait to see Lindsay again!

In Jesus' name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. O.K. I didn't expect to open this and see my Lindsay Bear on here. Wow!! I miss her so much to. I know that if she were still here with us she would have the same special bond with you as Tanner and Case do. I can see her running into your arms when she would see you. And even with Greg to. Man how I wish she was here. Anyway I love you so much. I love you guys!! I need to stop tears are flowing.

    ReplyDelete