Monday, January 11, 2010

Jessica


My children just adore their Auntie Jessica. In fact when Jessica and I are together my children would rather go to her with their concerns rather than come to me. I could take this one of two ways; become jealous or be truly thankful. I choose to be thankful!


I'm very thankful that my kiddos love Jessica with all their heart. I'm thankful that she equally loves them in return. Jessica is special, she has a natural ability to become the "Pied Piper" when in a room full of small children. She has a knack with my children and they have a built in admiration for her.

When Caleb was born, Jessica was 14 years old, but on occasion when Dienne wasn't available I'd call on Jessica when I needed a sitter. Jessica quickly proved to be a wonderful caretaker and a super loving aunt. I've called on Jessica ever since. When Hannah was born I had no question that Jessica could handle Caleb at home for 3 days. As Hannah grew older my relationship with Jessica grew stronger, I began to see a loving, caring, responsible, and mature young woman. Jessica continues to live up to these qualities with an added few. When Greg and I bought my childhood home Jessica lived with us. It was then that I realized how much I loved her and how much she and I had in common. Jessica and I became fast friends, we'd talk a lot, watch movies together, spend evenings out, or stay in and play games with Greg and JT. Jessica would help out around the house, she'd help with meals, she'd even care for the children with out me asking. When I became pregnant with Isaiah Jessica stepped it up a notch and helped me a lot during my first trimester, she knew I wasn't feeling well and jumped right in if she saw there was a need. There were times I thought she had done too much and times I thought I'd asked her for too much. But Jessica would never complain, she would keep on keeping on and surprise me along the way. When the morning came for Isaiah to come into this world I wanted nothing more then my baby sister at my side with Greg and my mom. Greg and I dropped Caleb and Hannah off at Dienne's house and planned to meet my mother and Jessica at the hospital. Well, Isaiah being the strong willed child that he is wasn't waiting for anyone. Jessica missed his birth by minutes. It didn't seem to matter that Jessica didn't witness Isaiah's birth, from the moment she met him he pulled at her heart strings. The two of them have a special connection, an unbreakable closeness.


Jessica moved out almost a year ago. It took me a long time to get used to not having her here with us. I miss her terribly, sometimes I wish she would move back in. Just like the children I look forward to Saturday's. It's then that we get to see Jessica and spend time with her. Jessica has been a blessing to my family. Jessica will forever hold her own special spot in my heart and in the hearts of my children.

I LOVE YOU BABY SISTER!

Dear God,
You have blessed me and my family with the gift of Jessica. I am grateful for all that Jessica does for me and my kiddos. God, Caleb, Hannah, and Isaiah love Jessica so much and I love that they ask for her on Monday when Saturday is still many days away. God, I love the special connection between Jessica and Isaiah. I love the relationship that I have with her, I look forward to seeing her life begin and I look forward to the day that she can share her family with me. You have given me the perfect gift in my baby sister. I am thankful for the wonderful, understand, compassionate, and especially giving friend you have given me in Jessica!


In Jesus' name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Carrie,
    Where do I start.... I am so greatful to have a sister like you. Over the past few years we have developed a special relationship, on top of that I have developed a very special connection with each of your beautiful children that can never be broken. I will forever keep a special spot close to my heart for each of them!! I cant even begin to explain in words how much you and your family mean to me. I am forever greatful for all the encouraging words of advice, guidence, and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. It was you that helped in my leap of "Faith"!! I can truely thank you from the absolute bottom of my heart for always beinging there and for always supporting and believing in me. I love you with all that I am.

    Your baby sister.... xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete