Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mommy & Monster Time!


Tuesday night is AWANA clubs night, that means that Greg, Caleb, & Hannah travel to DBC while Isaiah and I stay home and have our "mommy & monster time" together. Sometimes we read, sometimes we watch movies, other times we play, and other times we simply chat. Oh can my little monster chat too. It's funny really, Isaiah is a different creature when he isn't with his big bubba and big sissy. I've noticed that he likes to discuss things and think about things and really try and understand things when he is on his own. It's almost like he doesn't have his translators with him, so he has to figure it all out for himself. I know that he likes this one-on-one connection. I love our conversations, I love the many, many, many questions too!

I jokingly call Isaiah my "little monster", and if you know Isaiah you can only imagine what I mean by that. Let's just say that Isaiah is my "mischief maker", he's my "energy maker", and most certainly my "here comes trouble" maker! Honestly though Isaiah melts my heart. he is so endearing and very thoughtful. Isaiah is charming and super funny. Isaiah is a BIG bundle of love and affection!

Tonight we had fun eating candy, watching a movie, and goofing around with my camera. Isaiah loves taking pictures, in fact I have a whole album of pictures Isaiah took on Christmas day! His photography technique is very cute and his photo's make me smile. He lights up when he views his pictures and oh my is he proud of his collection. Most times I can't set the digital on play back fast enough.

I like Tuesday nights with my little monster, we have good times and good talks too. I think he enjoys our time together just as much as I do. I only pray that this lasts for a little while. Besides, before I know it Isaiah will be old enough to join AWANA clubs with his siblings.

Dear God,
I just want to thank you for this special "mommy & monster" time I am able to have with Isaiah. He is such a joy and such a blessing! I enjoy him so much, he is the sweetest, funniest, loudest, silliest, most impossible little boy I know, and I love him all the more because of it. God, thank you for allowing me to take care of Isaiah, and more importantly thank you for allowing me to fall in love with my special boy. Isaiah is amazing and clever and outspoken and awfully adorable. I just melt when he hugs up on me and gives me kisses all over my face. God, I even thank you for the difficult times with Isaiah. I ask that we're able to continue this steady growth in our relationship. I ask that you allow us to continue having this cute giggly fun together. Please allow me to show him daily that he is my special boy and that he is loved by his mommy so much. God, tonight I had fun with him and tonight I grew closer to him. Thank you so much for my precious little monster!


In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment