Thursday, January 21, 2010

Missed More Now Then Ever


I've been thinking about my very best friend a lot lately.


There are 3 framed pictures above me stove in my kitchen, one of Jill and her family, one of Laura and her family, and this one of Joy's family with my family. This picture was taken a few weeks before the Eisner's move to Guatemala. I look at Joy and her family each time I'm at the stove preparing food, often I look up and smile remembering that afternoon. Sometimes I look up and just about cry, and other times I do cry and make sure that no one sees me doing so.


For some reason I miss Joy and her family now more then ever. Maybe it's because I have a 6 year old daughter who desperately wants to hug her "bestest friend". Or you know, it could be, that Joy has been gone for 6 months now. Hmmm... Before Joy moved I would see her probably 2 times a week if not more. Although Skype is amazing, it's not always easy to get us all to sit down for a chat. It almost seems easier to call Joy and talk with her on the phone. None the less I miss seeing her, I miss talking with her, I miss hugging her, and I miss watching our children play together.


This past Sunday Greg and I spent the whole day with our good friends Jon and Laura, we stayed late and played Scategories and laughed a lot, we had so much fun. This reminded me of the late nights at Joy's house playing Settlers of Catan while our children fell asleep in the other room. They were late nights that I will never regret and ache for today.


I long to be near Joy, I pray for a future reunion, I want my best friend back.


Dear God,

First I'd like to thank you for Joy, for bringing us together in 2005, and for creating such a connection between us. God, I miss her terribly and at times become sad, very sad. I want nothing more then to fly to Guatemala with my family and be reunited again. I want nothing more then to wrap my arms around her. God, I miss Ken and the girls too. I know that you know all the things of my heart, and if it be in your will to make these things happen you know how happy I'd be. Thank you for the ability to still talk with Joy and see her. I'm grateful for the technology of today. God, don't let me forget the friend I have in Joy, don't let me forget the bond you have made. Please in some way let her know how much I care for her, let her know how much I love her.


In Jesus' name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. You make me cry too! Hmmm...that picture is in my kitchen too. Miss you tons! The good thing is, we have made it 6 months which means we are halfway to the point when we come back for a visit!

    ReplyDelete