Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snow and Syrup Make a Sweet Treat to Eat

There's a TON of snow out there... So why not eat it!

I slightly remember doing this once as a small child. I thought it would thrill the children to eat fresh fallen snow with yummy pure maple syrup drizzled all over it, and I was right.

Caleb and Hannah spent a good portion of the later afternoon outside in the new snow, while Isaiah and I spent time resting on the couch. Isaiah has been sick since 5:00pm yesterday and it was a super long night with him so I've been pretty tired today. Thank the Lord though that he's feeling better now and keeping food and drink in his belly now.


When the big kids came in they naturally wanted a snack. I didn't tell them what their snack would be, instead I asked them to sit and wait! They watched me as I gathered the things I needed. They began to make guesses to what they thought the snack would be. Caleb flipped when he saw me open up the dinning room window and then scoop clean snow into a small bowl. "What?" "Are we really going to eat snow for a snack?" he questioned. All three kiddos waited patiently with anticipation as I drizzled each snow filled bowl with a generous amount of pure maple syrup. It was a fun sweet treat, even Greg and I enjoyed a bowl of snow and syrup!


Dear God, Thank you for these fun times of discovery... Thank you for the new snow that is super fun!Lord, I love the way my children become excited about the small things that we do as a family. I pray tonight that You will continue to allow our family to have fun together!

In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment