Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ringing in the New Year with a Fresh Start & More Snow!


Caleb, Hannah, and Isaiah had fun outside in the new fresh snow today. I feel good about this winter, I'm looking forward to snowball fights, sledding, and maybe even some snowmobiling. I'm also looking forward to my fresh start. I love all this white stuff, though I know some of you may think I'm crazy. There's just something about a cold snowy day outside with the promise of a hot cup of coffee and a roaring fire waiting for me inside. I do look forward to more snow. I love the delight on my kiddos faces when they wake to new fallen snow. I find myself smiling when I hear "look at all the snow outside mommy!"
What a year we have had! If you received Greg's Christmas letter then you read about how busy we were last year. This year will be just as busy but we plan to fill our days with more of the "stuff" we know God wants from us. I'm not proud of everything I did in the last year, and I'm not proud of what I didn't do that I know God was asking me to do this last year. My only comfort is knowing that God's mercies are new every morning. It is only because of His grace and mercy that I can ask Him to forgive me at all.
During a home group study the question was asked, "what gift will you give Jesus this Christmas?" Well, fairly quickly it came to me that I would invite Jesus into each and every new day. I'd pray in the morning before my head left the pillow, asking God to direct my day. I'd allowing Him to spend the day with me. I'd also pray to Him through out the day, and I would involve Him in all my daily activities. Sadly I've already failed in handing over this gift to Him. I've started most days on my own, I haven't been asking Him to spend the day with me at all. And I definitely haven't been praying during my day asking for His guidance. I haven't allowed God to be involved in my day and I'm upset with myself because of it.
But again Jesus tells me that God's mercies are new every morning, and today, the 2nd of January I gave my day to God. He revealed to me my short comings and I was able to confess all of them to Him which in turn allowed me to have a peaceful, restful, and wonderful day with my family. I prayed to Him today and He answered my prayers I have been emptied of my guilt. I won't lie it's not going to be easy to remember to invite God into my heart and home each day. But with a note card posted on my night stand that reads, "Carrie, invite God into your heart and home today and spend the day with Him!" how can I go wrong... right!
What does your fresh start look like for this coming year? Will it be as white as the new fallen snow outside?

Dear God,
Thank you that your mercies are new every morning. Thank you for being patient with me. God, I ask that you show me when I've done wrong, I ask that you remind me when I have forgotten you! Thank you for this winter season, and thank you for the snow. God, I also ask that each day be filled with your love and comfort. Father, I love you and I never want to hurt you by disobeying you. Again Father, I am amazed by the overflowing forgiveness that you give me each and every day.
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment